Valuable in-depth opinion and expertise to make you think differently
Q2 - June 2017 - Collated by Jo Miller
In the latest Big Read Jo Miller asks whether we have an appetite to do things differently in the protection market. She considers the product development process, the feedback from the recent Adviser Round Table, genetics and lessons from global giant, Amazon. Jo says in her summary article, "Protection insurance isn't immune to a fundamental re- engineering, in fact, I'm saying that's exactly what it needs. That's not because it isn't a wonderful thing, it's because not enough people realise it's a wonderful thing."
- A genuine appetite for something different? Article by Jo Miller.
- How to change the world - the Amazon Lesson. Article by Paul Yates of iPipeline.
- 10 keys to a successful product launch in the protection adviser market. Article by Peter Le Beau, Kevin Carr and Roger Edwards.
- Discussion points from the Protection Review Adviser Round Table discussion. Summary notes by Peter Le Beau.
- It’s in the genes. Article by Steven Marc Rhodes.
Q1 - February 2017 - Collated by Peter Le Beau
In the latest Big Read Peter Le Beau looks at trends and predictions for the protection market and underwriting in 2017.
- The Folly of Old Thinking - Big Read Editorial Q1 2017 by Peter Le Beau.
- Lessons from the 2016 Protection Review Conference. Article by Roger Edwards.
- Future of the Protection Market. Expert views by Stephen Crosbie, Alan Lakey, Dean Mason, Ron Wheatcroft and Paul Avis.
- Future of Underwriting. Expert views by Steve Casey and Phil Jeynes.
- What are the imperatives for advisers in building strong customer relationships? Article by Alex Cleanthi of Future Proof.
- Is there any value in the underwriting process anymore? Article by Steven Rhodes, barrister and "Mastermind" finalist.
Q4 - November 2016 - Collated by Kevin Carr
For the November Big Read, Kevin Carr shines a spotlight on customer engagement.
- Is the challenge customer engagement or re-engagement? Article by Kevin Carr
- Client retention before lead generation. Article by David Mead of Future Proof Insurance.
- Thinking outside of our protection bubble. Article by Rhys Williams of Quietroom.
- Keeping a multi-generational workforce engaged and loyal. Article by Andrew Walker of Epoq
- Bespoke communication strategies and customer engagement. Article by Bryce Shepherd of SCOR.
- Income protection – simple, but still not enough. Article by Nick Jones of the Exeter.
- Digital has become a consumer lifestyle. Article by Kerry Nicolaides of F&TRC
Q3 - August 2016 - Collated by Roger Edwards
We've revamped our Big Read pages. No more PDFs so it's easy to read these great articles on mobile devices. And you'll find a video to watch in Scottish Widows article on mortgage protection.
- Where is the finishing line in the critical illness race: Article by Roger Edwards of Protection Review
- Why we should be looking at protection with a fresh pair of eyes: Article by Darren Spriggs of Pacific Life Re
- Protection market lessons from the Syndicate research 2016: Article by Jo Miller of Protection Review
- Scottish Widows: Why we need to inspect home and mortgage financial foundations: Article and Video by Johnny Timpson of Scottish Widows
- SCOR: Wearable technology – Findings from SCOR staff trial and surveys: Article by David Ferguson of SCOR