Valuable in-depth opinion and expertise to make you think differently
Q1 February 2017 - Collated by Peter Le Beau
In the latest Big Read Peter Le Beau looks at trends and predictions for the protection market and underwriting in 2017.
- The Folly of Old Thinking - Big Read Editorial Q1 2017 by Peter Le Beau.
- Lessons from the 2016 Protection Review Conference. Article by Roger Edwards.
- Future of the Protection Market. Expert views by Stephen Crosbie, Alan Lakey, Dean Mason, Ron Wheatcroft and Paul Avis.
- Future of Underwriting. Expert views by Steve Casey and Phil Jeynes.
- What are the imperatives for advisers in building strong customer relationships? Article by Alex Cleanthi of Future Proof.
- Is there any value in the underwriting process anymore? Article by Steven Rhodes, barrister and "Mastermind" finalist.
Q4 November 2016 - Collated by Kevin Carr
For the November Big Read, Kevin Carr shines a spotlight on customer engagement.
- Is the challenge customer engagement or re-engagement? Article by Kevin Carr
- Client retention before lead generation. Article by David Mead of Future Proof Insurance.
- Thinking outside of our protection bubble. Article by Rhys Williams of Quietroom.
- Keeping a multi-generational workforce engaged and loyal. Article by Andrew Walker of Epoq
- Bespoke communication strategies and customer engagement. Article by Bryce Shepherd of SCOR.
- Income protection – simple, but still not enough. Article by Nick Jones of the Exeter.
- Digital has become a consumer lifestyle. Article by Kerry Nicolaides of F&TRC
Q3 August 2016 - Collated by Roger Edwards
We've revamped our Big Read pages. No more PDFs so it's easy to read these great articles on mobile devices. And you'll find a video to watch in Scottish Widows article on mortgage protection.
- Where is the finishing line in the critical illness race: Article by Roger Edwards of Protection Review
- Why we should be looking at protection with a fresh pair of eyes: Article by Darren Spriggs of Pacific Life Re
- Protection market lessons from the Syndicate research 2016: Article by Jo Miller of Protection Review
- Scottish Widows: Why we need to inspect home and mortgage financial foundations: Article and Video by Johnny Timpson of Scottish Widows
- SCOR: Wearable technology – Findings from SCOR staff trial and surveys: Article by David Ferguson of SCOR